Round cut is the most popular diamond shape so far. In fact, no other diamond shape can beat the timeless perfection and classic elegance of round diamonds. Apart from the shape, round diamonds are cut so flawlessly that it exhibits a stunning light performance. No wonder, round engagement rings will be the first options that may pop into the mind of almost every person when he thinks about proposing to his ladylove. Unfortunately, round cut diamonds of decent size are really expensive because of their immense popularity and extreme sparkle. Hence, many people will not be able to afford it.
There are many other shapes, such as square, marquise, heart, rectangular, etc., that are extremely beautiful and brilliant, and can be used as a perfect alternative to round diamonds. However, none of those options shows off the classy factor like round solitaires. Thankfully, you can easily address this issue with oval diamonds.
The main highlight of oval diamonds is that it offers the classic appeal of round solitaires as well as the stylish elegance of modern diamond shapes. In short, oval diamonds will give you the best bang for your bucks. So, if you have your heart set on a round solitaire but cannot afford it, oval engagement rings are your way to go.
There are many other reasons that facilitate the idea of buying oval engagement rings over round engagement rings. Some of those points are given below.
- The main attraction of oval diamonds is that it looks much bigger when compared to round diamonds of similar carat weight. In fact, the surface area of oval diamonds is 10% bigger than that of their round counterparts; all credit goes to their elongated silhouette.
- Oval engagement rings will be ideal for brides with chubby fingers since it tend to cover more surface area. In addition, the unique profile of oval diamonds will make your fingers look elongated.
- In most cases, oval engagement rings cost less than the round diamonds of similar qualities. The main reason for this is that the wastage of raw diamond is less during their cutting process when compared to round diamonds.
- Oval engagement rings will be the perfect option for all the brides who love to keep it unconventional without going too far away from the traditional styles. Plus, you can personalize your oval diamonds into wider, leaner, rounder profiles according to your personal style.
- Diamond engagement rings that display oval diamonds are not that commonly seen in jewelry stores. This makes oval engagement rings a unique option as well.